The Bachelor of Science in Entertainment Engineering and Design (BS EED) provides an interdisciplinary program of engineering and fine arts that prepares you for success in the entertainment industry. The curriculum allows you to focus on specific areas within the entertainment industry, such as:
- Advanced visualization techniques
- Automation and motion controls
- Biomechanics and animatronics
- Entertainment venue design
- Structural design and rigging
As student in our program, you will:
- Take art and engineering foundation courses during your first two years.
- Take interdisciplinary tracks that allow you to develop specific expertise in the entertainment field the following two years.
- Learn design principles from projects that involve hands-on fabrication and visual communication skills.
- Have internship opportunities with companies such as Cirque du Soleil and Wet Design.
- Have opportunities to study at partner design schools in Europe and Asia.
- Become well versed in engineering principles, new materials, new and emerging technologies, and traditional theatrical practices so that you can recognize the artistic demands of the entertainment industry.
- Have the tools needed to work in the design, production, and operation of entertainment devices, systems, and venues.
- Develop the infrastructure of the next generation of entertainment systems used throughout the globe.